NovaUVC™ for Biofilm Disinfection
Coil inefficiency due to biofilm. Due to the hospitable environment inside air handlers and ducts (darkness and humidity) microorganisms grow rapidly on cooling coils and surrounding surfaces. These microorganisms produce sticky substances and biofilm quickly accumulates in air handlers and coils allowing a thick layer of dust to stick to the coils and related structures resulting in poor temperature transfer between the coil and air leading to greater energy consumption.
NovaUVC™ saves energy and reduces maintenance costs.
- Biofilm must be manually removed increasing maintenance and serviceability issues
- The reduction or elimination of biofilm results in energy savings due to improved heat transfer
- Biofilm has a heat transfer resistance four times that of scale
- Installing a proper UVGI system kills such microorganisms, and hence it does not allow a biofilm to grow. A clean coil decreases the pressure drop across coils resulting in a decrease on the load of the chiller hence energy saving on chiller by 10-15%
- Increase in the thermal efficiency (sensible loads) of the cooling coil